You can't do without a wooden bench in the country. The most suitable material for its manufacture is wood. It is...
Search in blog
Pellets (wood waste): description, production, advantages1231 views 0 LikedRead more
Wood pellets are becoming increasingly popular. This article Wood.ua will talk about the main advantages of pellets,...
Antiseptics for wood: description, types, benefits2285 views 0 LikedIn order to protect the wood and make it more durable, it is treated with special solutions. Wood.ua will tell you...Read more
How to build a wooden porch: rules, recommendations, choice of lumber2206 views 0 LikedWood.ua (LLC “NEW ERA - ENERGY GROUP”) will talk about how to build a wooden porch. He will acquaint you with the...Read more
Wooden lining: description, properties, advantages. Use for a covering of a balcony
If you want to finish your balcony or loggia so that the room remains environmentally friendly, then you certainly need a wooden lining. Wood has always been a symbol of warmth and coziness, and with the advent of such wonderful lumber as a wagon board, natural wall decoration has become not only prestigious, but also comfortable and durable.
In this article, wood.ua will talk about what a lining is, about the properties of this material, its advantages. You can also learn how to use it for covering the balcony.
Wooden lining is a profiled board with a groove-comb lock. It is deservedly considered an excellent finishing material, which will be useful in the process of many works.
Distinguish the specified lumber by type, may be:
- Normal - a quarter of the board with bevels taken along the sides. The surface is allowed with some roughness.
- Eurolining - high-quality lumber. Back vents prevent condensation.
Also, the wagon board varies in grade, based on quality:
- Extra - ideal lumber without the slightest defect.
- “A” - the core is not contained, but there is a minimum number of knots, resin pockets and non-through cracks.
- “B” - slight mechanical damage may be observed.
- “C” - there may be non-through cracks, captive knots, resin bags, mechanical damage.
A lining is made of wood waste (MDF) and natural wood. It is also made of plastic. But this article is about natural lumber, not artificial lumber.
In the manufacture of wagon boards, the following types of wood are mainly used: alder, aspen, pine, larch, spruce, ash, etc.
Types of lining:
- Double-sided - the same view from both sides.
- Standard - angles are clearly defined on chamfers.
- American - the groove is ordinary, the spike of the lock directly from the front side without selection. Below there is a selection.
- Landhouse - expensive stuff. The high price is justified by a complex beautiful pattern.
- Calm - the lock spike is rectangular.
- Softline - the lock spike is round in shape, which facilitates easy entry into the groove.
- Blockhouse - after facing with such a lining, the appearance of a galvanized log is created. All due to the rounded outer surface of the material.
Covering the balcony is quite simple. There would be a desire, a minimum of tools and, of course, high-quality lumber. You can buy it at a competitive price in our online supermarket of lumber https://wood.ua/en/content/proizvodstvo-doski.
The process of this work is as follows:
- Cladding of the balcony occurs by vertical mounting of wooden lining to a special wooden lath.
- The wooden rail, respectively, is fixed to the wall with screws or bolts.
- The interval between each subsequent fastening is 50 cm, so the wooden lining practically does not give out its seam.
The advantages of wooden lining
Each type of lumber has its advantages. Lining of wood is no exception, its indisputable advantages are presented below:
- Durability. For maximum strength and durability, each wooden lining is well dried, processed and tightly fitted to each subsequent connector of the other lining.
- Longevity. The wooden lining is so wear-resistant that even after many years the lining does not change its color and shape.
- Easy to use and maintain. Of course, wooden lining requires a certain amount of care (wiping with a dry cloth, treatment every 2-5 years). Nevertheless, having gone through a number of processing steps, a wooden lining is not as "capricious" as other wooden products.
- Health benefits, naturalness. In a room of any type, during the lining of which a wooden lining was used, a natural microclimate is created and preserved, which favorably affects the human body.
- Humidity control. In the room where the wagon board was used, with a lack of air humidity, the specified lumber will emit it, and, conversely, with excessive humidity, it will absorb it.
- Beauty and aroma. Natural wooden lining looks very beautiful, it has a natural shade of wood and a natural aroma.
Carriage Board Processing
Whatever durable lumber, it requires processing and proper care. Do not save on this, a small effort on your part and some financial investments will significantly extend the life of wood products.
No need to procrastinate and postpone board processing until later. As soon as the lining is installed on the frame, treat it with special protective materials. You can read the description of antiseptic agents for wood, find out what types exist, and see their advantages here.
If the budget for finishing work is not so large and you had to buy the most inexpensive, ordinary lining, you have to think about saving even when processing it. In this case, it is recommended to use acrylic varnish as a board coating.
Inside a balcony and a loggia or inside a country house, a wooden lining will look even better if different wooden products are placed next to it, starting from shelves, key holders and ending with wooden euro-windows and window sills.